Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bye Bye Orkut



Most of my days start with scrolling thru my phone even before I get out of my bed.
Email, Facebook & Watsapp seems to be the first one to greet us in the morning.

Just like every other day I was scrolling thru FB and found that its buzzing with the news of Orkut being shutdown today.
Orkut – The very first social networking site my generation was hooked to.
Its literally been ages since I logged into that site and couldn’t stop myself from one last look.

Thou its been 3-4 yrs since I switched to FB, but logging into Orkut made me feel like I was back in the 90s. It seemed just - so simple :)




Yes that me !! With two heart symbols quoting my name :P Seems so stupid now.
Its like looking at an older version of myself. The naive & silly me :)

I just realize how much my life has changed and how much I have changed since then.



 
I couldn’t help but smile while I fondly gazed thru the old pictures and posts by friends. Frankly speaking I do not even recollect few names from that friend list.
But Orkut did help me find some long lost friends and some new friends.

So I took one last look and posted one last time - Goodbye Orkut !!
I won’t miss Orkut but I would surely not forget !!


No comments:

Post a Comment